We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary!
--We went to a movie (What Happens In Vegas)Got some sushi...yum...
except we don't get the exotic and well...raw...sushi...we are wimps...and amateurs.
--We swam in the hotel pool like crazy kids
--We got breakfast in bed (I wanted to be like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman - and order one of everything from the menu - which I didn't - but I did order way too much - and so we took a after breakfast nap because we were so full!! ha!
--We even got to go to the mall - yes my hubby actually took me shopping! What an anniversary!
It has been the best years of my life...
--We have lived in 7 different places...guess we like to move?
--We have been the parents to our Aussie dog, Tre, for 3 years now...he was our "tester child" - to see if we could possibly be parents. Little did we know actually BEING a parent was nothing like having a dog you can crate up and leave when you go out on the town.
--We have spontaneously spent money on random items...when really we should be saving...but we justify the purchases...every time...by the fact that we really probably can't live with out that item ...mountain boards...Rock Band (ever played this? It rocks! Yes I just said that)...an Elliptical...I'm sure theirs more...
--We have our beautiful Allikaye that shows us everyday that God can still bless us messed up folks with a real life angel! Oh how sweet!
--We have kept on loving each other - and are excited about the next 5! Hmmm...wonder what they will bring???
Saturday, May 31, 2008
We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary!
Written with love by Allikaye's Mama at 8:29 PM
Oh yeah! Check out these pigtails!! Here is Allikaye with her new favorite friend...her cousin Emma Joe.
They had the same dress! Ah - cuteness!
She also LOVED playing with her cousins Addie and Luke!
Written with love by Allikaye's Mama at 7:35 PM
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
"There is no need to operate
on a healthy man!"
The brain is moving rapidly, there isn't any blood that needs drained...doctor says to chalk it up to the POWER OF PRAYER!!
I love you Grandpa!
Written with love by Allikaye's Mama at 6:47 PM
Friday, May 23, 2008
Have a wonderful long weekend! We have a busy one planned! It is our 5 year anniversary tomorrow! Ah! Yay for us! So I will be posting more about my lovey dovey story later! And it's also my Gramp's 80th birthday party tomorrow! Yay for him!! Love to ya!
Written with love by Allikaye's Mama at 7:59 PM
Monday, May 19, 2008
Here's another doozie...
And it's the girl that was rejected on the Bachelor...intriguing? Yes.
Not sure about this one...but we will have to see...
Oh, and I am open for suggestions to any reality you may tivo and watch on those late nights when you could be sleeping and dreaming...let me know!
Written with love by Allikaye's Mama at 8:54 PM
Friday, May 16, 2008
1. There is absolutely NO way you can get me to _____!
2. _____ reminds me that summer is almost here!
3. I cannot live without my _____.
4. _____ and _____ are two things I'd like to try.
5. When life hands you lemons _____.
6. _____ is my favorite childhood memory.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____, tomorrow my plans include _____ and Sunday, I want to _____!
Here are my answers...if you are so inclined to learn a tad bit more about me...
1. There is absolutely NO way you can get me to miss my fave shows on the tube...don't worry I tivo stuff so I still have quality family time - those of you who may be anti-TV - I watch them when the babe is sleepin'...so there!
2. The smell of freshly cut grass and rain...oh yeah, and my fake tan turning into a real one... reminds me that summer is almost here!
3. I cannot live without my mom's help... she's the most amazing, selfless woman....and she's pretty...we love Grandma Pretty!
4. Swimming with dolphins and winning the lottery are two things I'd like to try...really wouldn't mind the second one.
5. When life hands you lemons squirt the juice into an open sore of your nemesis...my hubby helped me with that one!
6. Being coached by my dad in volleyball is my favorite childhood memory. He was and is the smartest person I know (not just with vb)- and took me from vball at the YMCA at 7 years old, all the way to my big time college years! I may have had other coaches...but he was always the "real" coach.
Written with love by Allikaye's Mama at 8:17 PM
Sunday, May 11, 2008
The main verse went like this:
One little heartbeat at a time.
Making history with every touch and every smile.
You may not see it now,
but I believe that time will tell
That you are changing the world.
Isn't that sweet?? I was going to post about us mamas out there being a light to everyone around us...even if that "everyone around us" is simply our precious babes! And this song just went right along with my thoughts! As Godly women we can shine the Light of Jesus everywhere - at home, at Target...everywhere...and don't ever think that you are just a stay at home mom or even a working mom! Your sphere of influence may not reach thousands and go to the outer reaches of the world...but you are a mama, and a daughter, and a wifey, and a daughter of the King! You ARE changin' the world! You ARE shining your Light. And most importantly you are the world to those blessings that God has given us! I know my mama is the world to me! I love her more than words can say!!
Happy Mother's Day!
"Shine your light and
let the whole world see!
For the Glory.
of the Risen King!"
And now to the gifts I received from my hubby and Miss Allikaye::
Hug a mama today!
Written with love by Allikaye's Mama at 2:24 PM
Friday, May 9, 2008
Well, here ya go...Webster's Dictionary defines it as:
not endowed with life or spirit
Whenever we sell a car I feel a sense of sadness, like the poor dear is going to miss it's family! When my parents got me a cute new car in college, they traded in my old one - before I could even say goodbye! Oh! It's just that they become such a part of your life!
I was thinking of this, because we have recently welcomed a new inanimate darling to our house. Please meet, Tori the Torrent (oh, I failed to mention that I name them also)...
She makes me feel like I have reached real mommy-ness...drivin' in my mid-size SUV...hehe...
However, I feel that we should take a moment of silence for my previous little dears that carried my loved ones to and fro...
The Golf Ball (my hubby's college car...named for the hail damage that so ravaged her poor body one fateful night)
Goldie (I'm sorry I never got to say good-bye to you)
Cherry Seven-Up (you were a true hooptie, you purple car you, I treasured waking up many mornings to find that you had been broken into - those silly thiefs thinking you had a bumpin' system in you...because you did have those tinted windows that screamed "I'm hiding something good in here...break into me!")
Beep the Jeep (although you were more Dad's car - you filed him with joy 4-wheelin)
And last...my dear Pretty...
you went through the scary accident with me...and sadly...I am the only one that walked away...Do have silly pet-names for your cars? I would love to hear...it might make me feel a little less weird about the feelings I have for mine! Love to ya!
Written with love by Allikaye's Mama at 6:59 PM
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Written with love by Allikaye's Mama at 7:08 PM
Friday, May 2, 2008
- Barista (fancy word) at a drive-thru coffee shop...big time tips
- Clothes folder and "greeter" at Abercrombie & Fitch (yeah, yeah, I know)
- Secretary..."Village Square Business Center. This is Ashley. How may I direct your call?"
- 2nd Grade Teacher (love it)
- Baby Signing Time (and now many other editions with even more signs!)
- Legally Blonde (yeah, I'm really a deep person)
- Clueless (it's sad but true...I can pretty much quote the whole movie)
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (I watched it so many times when we lived in Germany - I think it was my way to feel American?)
- The Hills (spin off of Laguna Beach - on MTV - I am so addicted - just love it!)
- Whatever big reality show of the season (Big Brother, Amazing Race, Survivor)
- Sports Center with my husband (haha)
- Friday Night Lights (I heard it was being canceled - but now I heard it's not?)
- Switzerland (my homeland...so beautiful...my fave European country)
- Italy (Venice, Florence, Rome - so priceless to see the streets where Paul walked)
- Mexico - a month ago baby!
- Mashed potatoes
- French toast
- Desserts of all shapes and sizes...here's a few...cold raspberry soup...gooey chocolate caramel cakey brownie nutty melty something...chocolate fondue...mmmmmm
- Most everything from Chile's...oh...yum
- Australia...closest I've got is my Australian Shepard, Tre!
- New York City
- Idaho to see my bestest friend...hi, Rhonda!!
- Your mom's house
- Allikaye putting all her words into sentences (although her little words are so sweet right now)
- Watching the amazing blessing of Allikaye learning more and more
- My hubby finishing his masters...so educated that boy is! And the party to be held at Chuck E. Cheese's...his idea...hahaha!
- All I can think about is my sweet Allikaye...I just can't get enough of that chick!
Written with love by Allikaye's Mama at 7:34 PM