Friday, February 20, 2009

Some Yee-Hawing...and Seeing Spots...

Thankfully...
I have been busy making blocks...
and hair clippies (new little product in my Etsy)...

So here is an update on our little ol' life...

Our small group had a line dancin' teacher
come in and teach us a few dances...
just for some good ol' laughs...
which we definitely had!
It took place in the "train room" at church...
putting us in a yee-haw mood...oh yeah.
I just love this group of friends that love the Lord!
Here is a s.h.o.r.t. video...
I mean short...6 seconds!
But evidence of all of us boot scootin' boogieing!
So sad my big hubby was out of this shot -
he was such a good sport and made me laugh the whole time...
actually all the guys were good sports!

Sadly...
Allikaye had her first real-doctor-visit-sickness...
pretty good record for a 2 year old!
She had her first ear infection and cold.
So after her first week of being on antibiotics (amoxicillan)...
this was all over her little body...
I of course freak out...
because that's what I do...
and apparently this happens sometimes with that antibiotic!
Thanks for the heads-up, doc!

Here are two pieces of evidence that she is feeling just fine...
despite her spotty self...

#1.
Putting Star in the fridge...
actually she puts that poor cat anywhere she can!
#2.
Taking Tre (our real dog),
and Miss Allikaye's dog to the dog park...
I don't recommend this...
some of the other dogs were eyeing this little stuffed cutie!

Okay... one more thing...
CREPES!!!
When we lived in Germany
I learned how to make these.
All I have to say is...
YUM!
I forgot how much I love them...
and the German-staple Nutella
(seriously there is a jar of this at every family table).
I am posting the recipe at my cookin blog...
they are really easy and don't require a lot of ingredients...
but be warned...
they are addicting!
Have a great rest of the week...
until next time...

7 comments:

Irene Joy said...

Yeah when Chandler broke out in all those spots when he was a baby I thought he had measles or something! I freak out too. :)

I wish we could have gone line dancing with all of you! No chance to convince everyone to do it again is there?

I'm from South Africa and we eat crepes with nutella too. I have to hide the jar (seriously) or my husband will devour it. :)

Love, love the clippies. I must get some for Skylar.

Melissa said...

AH FUN!!! You're video brought back memories of our Grizzley Rose days!
And those crepes look yummy!! I'm going to try them out for sure!
..and I'm glad miss Allikaye is feeling better. That pic. of her putting the cat in the fridge is hilarious.

Rhonda Marie said...

Dang it!!! Melissa beat me to a comment about Grizzly Rose! I was going to say that, but I couldn't make a comment earlier. Anyway, I would have been rocking the line dancing with you! Give Miss Allie a big hug for me, I can't believe how old she sounds...it makes me sad :( Love you!!!

amanda said...

i would have totally flipped friend.

thank goodness for bloggy friends keeping me in the know :)

glad she is feeling better!

Joanna said...

oh my GOODNESS i laughed so hard at the cat in the fridge...that's totally something robby would have done with our cat - in fact, i'm surprised he didn't think of that one.
we had fun line dancing...well...kinda...considering I have no natural talent in it whatsoever. But it was fun to see you guys!
I'm so loving that you are selling those super adorable clips. You are going to make millions, I tell you.

dani said...

i've seen those spots before, ash, and i freaked out, too, ha!!! i am so glad miss allikaye is feeling better though:) i loved the dancing clip... as i have no coordination, i will just have to dance vicariously!
i'm also thrilled for you that your etsy store is busy; that's awesome:DDD
love,
dani

Emily said...

I just came across your blog for the first time today. It's adorable and so is Allikaye. I have a two year old little girl named Lily about 2 months older than Allikaye.

We seem to have tons of things in common including potty-training issues, which are still working on too. Hope you have a great week!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin