Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gingerbread Girl!

I am in lalalalove with this
Gingerbread girl shirt I just made!!
It may be because I have been cooped in...
thanks to the f.r.e.e.z.i.n.g snowy weather outside...
but I just can't get enough of this shirt!

Here's the lowdown on how to make this sweetie!
First I had printed Allikaye some coloring sheets,
which gave me the idea.
I used it as my template,
there's a boy and a girl!
Go here.
Then I traced it onto some felt...
20 cents at Walmart!

Then I sewed on some pretty ric rac...
I just love me some pretty ric rac!

After I sewed on a smile..with black felt...
I hand-sewed some sequin buttons for this pretty girl...
Starry Cat wanted to help...
Then added some more sequins for the eyes!

Next I sewed this gingerbread chick
right on to Allikaye's pretty pink shirt!
But I thought she needed a little more girly accessory
on that bald head...
so a bow was perfect!
How cute!!!
Allikaye lalaloves it just as much as me!
We are having a Gingerbread House Decorating Party
on Friday over here...
so this will be the PERFECT shirt
for the festivities!!

Oh yeah!

oneprettything

3 comments:

Becks said...

LOVE IT!!!

What a great idea! Perfect for making gingerbread houses! We just made some gingerbread men the other day and they were YUMMMY!

P.S cutest model ever!

amanda said...

uhm you lost me at and then you "sew"

seriously one of these days honey i will be as cool as you :)

ps - she is ADORABLE!!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

SEW cute!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin